Vacancy Program Manager; Education and OVC program
Children’s Mission Africa (CMA) is an independent trust registered in Kenya to monitor and advise programs funded by Skandinaviska Barnmissionen across the continent. CMA does this by providing technical and financial support to organizations. Children’s Mission Africa envisions Africa as ‘The continent where families live a life in dignity’ and it intends to do this by transforming communities to live holistic lives. CMA works with Children, Youth and Women in difficult circumstances
We seek to fill the position of Program Manager; Education and OVC program
The Program Manager will provide leadership in the Education and Orphan & Vulnerable Children (OVC) programs. S/he will provide general oversight to the partners working in the education sectors by ensuring that internal guidelines and policies are followed. S/he will contribute towards and in the realization of the organizational strategic plan.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take lead in supporting the Education and OVC Programs within the organization
- Identify opportunities for the organization’s Education and OVC Programs
- Design, implement and evaluate education and OVC programs
- Seek partnerships for the Education and OVC programs
- Develop, implement, monitor and report on sectional/departmental work plan.
- Utilize partner and projects results to inform programming in CMA, Africa and beyond.
- Document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt in sectional area to partners and donors
- Supervise and monitor progress of social workers in the OVC Program
- Maintain program and organizational visibility in relevant forums and mechanisms.
- Assess and provide technical assistance to develop the capacity of the Education partners within Africa in-order to ensure quality
- Support to develop, implement, monitor and periodically review partner programs ensuring relevance, functionality and sustainability
- Ensure inter-organizational learning and linkage within the organization and region
- Ensure that operative plans and annual budgets are developed for all education partners and follow up the work continuously.
- Initiate and lead policy and development processes within the themes of education, social inclusion and OVC
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate should have a Degree in Social Sciences, Education or any other related field. A Masters Degree is an added advantage
- Professional qualifications in project management, monitoring & evaluation is also an added advantage
- Five (5) years’ hands on working experience in the NGO environment preferably in OVC programming/education programs
- Good understanding of the Education Systems and Child related policies
- Experience in Social work and OVC Programming
- IT Savvy and experienced in administration
- Excellent organizational skills, interpersonal skills and counseling skills
- Report writing skills and Communication skills
- Innovative, analytical and creative
- Open minded, independent thinking and servant leadership
- Integrity and Transparency
- Team player & willingness to work in a multi – cultural setting
- Born again Christian
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to arrive NOT later than November 30th 2016. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
N/B – The position is open immediately
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Childress Mission Africa is an equal opportunity employer.