Children's Mission Africa (CMA) is an Independent Christian Trust registered in Kenya. Children’s Mission Africa envisions Africa as ‘The continent where families live a life in dignity’ and it intends to do this by transforming communities to live holistic lives. CMA does this by providing technical support to the 19 programs across 11 counties in Africa funded by Skandinaviska Barnmissionen (Children’s Mission Sweden ). CMA has been called to work with Children, Youth and Women in difficult circumstances through its partners. Children's Mission Africa has four major areas of focus in which to meet its mandate. These are Capacity Development, Education, Economic Empower- ment, Democratic space and Governance. Our Vision; The continent where families live a life in dignity Our Mission; To transform communities to live holistic lives.
We seek to engage one Finance and Administration Officer who will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. S/he will provide support in the organisations finance, administrative and hu- man resource duties. S/he will contribute towards and in the realisation of the organisa- tional strategic plan.
Duties and Responsibilities;
1. To oversee the overall Organisation Financial accounting services, according to the international standard of accounting
2. Ensure financial policies, systems and procedures are implemented
3. To support CMA partner through training and setting up Financial management pro- cesses and accounting services
4. Preparation of timely and regular Financial management reports to the CMA leader- ship for effective and efficient stewardship of the organisation resources.
5. Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of annual comprehensive budgets and all financial reports for Board/Management and/or funding agencies;
6. Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with donor regulations;
7. Preparation of the organisationals financial audits and audit process;
8. Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all finan- cial transactions with proper filling and backed up.
9. Timely Preparation of the organization Payroll
10.Manage CMA’s cash flow, cash, payments, bank reconcialitions, petty cash, creditors and debtors to ensure that the org has the required funds and utilized effectively.
11.Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met
12.Oversee the effective and efficient office management.
13.Responsible for organizing administrative and logistical support for meetings, con- ferences, workshops, retreats;
14.Maintain all personal files and manage staff welfare issues
15.Coordinate the hiring process, including advertising, contacting candidates, inter- view coordination and preparation, as well as maintaining a database of candidates
16.Ensure that the staff leave schedule is up to date and being tracked closely;
17.Serve as a resource person by being available and accessible to discuss finance, ad- ministration and human resource related issues;
18.Any other assigned financial and administrative management responsibilities and services are effectively carried out and delivered.
• University degree in finance and administrative related courses
• Certified Public Accountant (At-least up-to CPA Section 4)
• At-least 3 years of experience in Finance and Administration functions in and NGO
• Experience with donor funded projects
• Free of all conflicts of interests that could endanger the integrity of the program
• Passionate about finance, procurement, administration & human resource (one or all)
•Demonstrated experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis
• High integrity, strong result orientation, drive for excellence and takes initiative;
• Excellent organisational, communication, analytical and reporting skills;
• A team player and good communicator focus;
• Good interpersonal skills and result orientation;
• IT Savvy with work experience with QuickBooks
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter (indicating current and expected salary) and detailed CV (with 3 referees) to email@example.com so as to arrive NOT later than January 21st 2018. Applicants should be ready to start as soon as possible. Please note that interviews will be done on a rolling-basis.
Note: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Children’s Mission Africa is an equal opportunity employer.